CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Temorary Insanity


Well in efforts to keep you all updated on my life and because of special requests, here comes another post for ya. LIFE IS GOOD! Attitude is one of THE most powerful things in life. If I sit and think of all the hard, sad things yeah I'll be depressed....but the song "count your many blessings name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done" lately has occupied my mind. I guess what I'm getting to is super painful but at the same time not.

The "boy" as I'm sure you all have called him (lets be honest Brent still doesn't know the names of all Kim's kids) and I called it quites last week. After awhile of dating it always gets to the point where it goes one way or another. I think there are very few things that are more painful than leaving someone important behind, but people do it everyday and survive quite nicely. But I personally don't ever want to do it again. ha ha I have decided that it must be some what like giving birth....wait for it.... you see I'm sure the pain is incredibly taxing, stressful, and excruciating in the moment, and yet for some reason most people have more than one child, the crazy ones have quite a few more than one. People we must not forget the pain! ha ha I'm just kidding, I know the real reason for the sacrifice is the little mutt itself and how cute they are. It seems like the pain resonates for awhile and helps you really get back to your source of strength and then your ready to move on.

With hard times come so many tender mercies for example my favorite one so far.... the night we called it quites it was a Sunday and I went back to mom and dad's house. Naturally in Sunday gathering tradition, Kim and Lee were there. I had of COURSE shed some tears and, Lee being one of the more sensitive people I know said, "Angie listen....your day has been nothing compared to mine, the pain you are feeling is nothing compared to the feeling that has plaged me all day, you see today I got not one but TWO more families to home teach." You may ask, What? a tender mercy? how? In response to Lee's, some what inconsiderate, insensitive comment, I laugh so hard it made me cry (ironic I know) and was just the ticket to feeling better! So thanks Lee for "understanding" and I wish you all the luck with your home teaching assignment.

I guess what I've learned lately is that life is what you make it. I was talking to Dave the other night on the phone and I was telling him how much I hated dating and how painful it was . . . is . . .will be. Dave got a little passionate when I said this and corrected my misconception of dating by saying it's not miserable it's just "temporary insanity." (Not quite sure what that says about Dave himself considering the fact that he didn't get married till he was thirty) Regardless I have decided to adopt this and I don't hate dating, I'm just temporarily insane and enjoying every second of it!

10 comments:

Louis said...

Oh, sweet Angie! I am so sorry! There really isn't much more painful then a broken heart! I will say though that in my oppinion child birth is actually much easier. The reason being that one is physical pain and the other is emotional. Physical pain sucks but is nothing compared to emotional pain. I can truly say that I, even immidiatly after having given birth, am willing to do it again because the outcome is great. But, one broken heart was enough for me. I never wanted to do that again!! But I can see what your saying I didn't want to give up on dating and was willing to go through the pain (over and over again) because the end result was my dear husband, and that was worth it. Your day will come and you will be grateful for each broken heart knowing that it led you to "him". I am again sorry but "this too shall pass"!

Mindy Lou

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

"Men finally climb Mount Everest, not by standing at its base in consuming awe but by shouldering their packs and by placing one foot in front of another, Feet are made to move forward-not backward!" Neal A Maxwell
I've been so impressed with your unflinching will to do the hard work required in this most important task, AND to do it as cherfully as you can! I think there are so many who say they will... and then when it gets hard they won't or just don't. I have seen none of that in you. It must be a great source of joy to Heavenly Father to see you really EXERSICE your faith. I say WELL DONE!

Kyle Hess said...

You can always count on Lee to provide comfort when needed.

Melissa Thatcher said...

Yeah Angie! You know my thoughts and prayers are with you - keep breathing.

MaRea Hess said...

In the end you will get someone that has every thing that you could ever dream of and more. That is how the lord works you just have trust the lord that he knows what the end will bring.

TnD said...

Breakups are so bittersweet. One thing I have learned from breakups is that the heart is really tender territory. Falling is so great, but somehow getting back up on your own two feel is very liberating too.

MnS said...

Angie,

I Dont see what the big deal is. Go to the Bus stop or bowling alley and upgrade from the guy you had before. Was he even in the country with papers or did they deport him??
Mark

Anonymous said...

There is nothing more painful you are handeling it so well hang in there. He is coming your way!

Lindsey Smith said...

Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Rascal Flats

Oh how true it is. You are doing so much better than i ever did, i am so proud of you. Remember the Lord know your heart and he knows who you are adn he know what you need. He will always lead you on the right path, just listen. Love you!

MaRea Hess said...

I am ready for something new in your life. You need to post something at least once a month!!!