CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Highs and Lows of the XM SHUFFLE



For Spring Break 2008 me, Tara, and Natalie....literally last minute decided to hop in the car an leave the forsaken land of cache valley! It was a VERY much needed BREAK for all of us. To say the least we just needed to fill our reservoirs, and the only way to do that sometimes is to leave the monotonous, tedious everyday doings.... so CALI here we COME!!! Well like any good road trip it is pretty much all about the music....because lets be honest if you talk the whole way you'll just end up being sick of the person by the end, just ask dad (my younger years I didn't quite comprehend this concept.) We had the music department covered, ipods, CD's and of course the golden calf of road trips...this being the coveted XM radio, which is sure to please all sorts of divers listeners. It is funny how music can express exactly how you feel better than you ever could yourself. Lets just say that for all of you that have seen Tommy Boy and the road trip scene where Tommy and Richard are driving down the freeway sobbing to the Carpenters....pretty perfect vision of us. The shuffle included anything from the mo-tab to any boy band you could possible think of to Fergi, all part of the journey. Well our friend XM has had his day and now I never want to listed to music ever again because after 20 hours I'm all "musiced" out. Looks like I'll be heading over to Kims for another self help book on CD! There is one other thing that I love about road trips and that is looking in the rearveiw mirror and leaving it all behind, getting out on the road and being left in a vast expanse of nothing but your thoughts and maybe and interjecting lyric or two but for the most of the trip your left in the solitude of "you-ness" Well Spring break was a blast and among the tears, fears, uncontrollable laughing, frustrations, bliss, and sunshine, I've filled my reservoir, for whatever the good man upstairs has in store for me I guess. Thanks to Mark and Shari who entertained and took care of not only me but my friends too. You just don't find better people. As the trip ended and we pulled into COLD cache valley as much as I dreaded "real" life, my chipper over powering side got a hold of me and it feels good to be back in the saddle facing real life and I'm excited to face the challenges with a newly found or enlightened paradigm.

7 comments:

Lindsey Smith said...

You and a hoot, love the pics. you guys are too funny, glad that you stoped by to see me. Anyhoo it sounded like you had some much needed fun. lOve yOu!

TnD said...

Just promise that you will come back and visit when we are in PS, too.

Melissa Thatcher said...

YEAAH! I love listening to all that freedom. So refreshing - I'm glad you had fun!

MnS said...

We miss you guys. I loved that you came and hung out with us. Anytime you need to take a break and take a time out from Cache Valley, we're here for ya. McK was upset that he didn't get to say goodbye. You all are such awesome girls.

me and him said...

ANGIE??? NO WAY!! i found your blog in some random way and was sooo excited. how are you?? what a fun road trip, i miss those! and way to go in school! you'll be an AMAZING teacher!

MaRea Hess said...

These are the times that you will remember forever!!

MnS said...

I'm needing a new post about whats going on in your life. Somethings got to have happened since I saw you last. Please.