CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sanctuary....Sanctuary...Sanctuary


Being *almost twenty* and "living it up" as most would put it, is extreamley exhausting. I think I do a pretty good job of playing because MaRea is always complaining that I'm sleeping, but I have to sleep sometime if not at night. For goodness sakes I live on a college campus with my best friends, to say the least I get PLENTY of "play mode." But to be honest a lot of the time I get SO sick of it and go to my sanctuary...for many this would be the Temple or in the mountains, or shopping, or on a journey to Mecca, well for me it is often down the road to my sisters house I go. I'm starting to think that I should be paying rent or food fee's because I often have at least one meal or snack there a day. I can tell you most of the happenings in the Tibbitts home - like the Piano is their new purchase, and there is always someone playing it...which often leads to a very annoyed Meghan.....Rachel just lost a tooth and the tooth fairy has yet to arrive....Ryland's excitement for the day is to go to Macy's and get a crocodile alligator egg....oh and catching frogs are the TO DO this summer!

Here is an example of why I love them so much!!!

If there is one thing that I have learned while embracing my time with my little people it is to enjoy the moment but also that being the only boy would be tough to do....as is very well portrayed in this video! All I have to say so Good Luck RY....our prayers will be with you.

(I swear I didn't know that he was trying to get my attention) haha

6 comments:

sidandlindaadventures said...

It is wonderful to have someone love you as much as Kim, Lee and their children love you which does indeed make it a sanctuary. It has got to be such a self-worth booster to know that they have an aunt that loves them and truly enjoys doing things with them. You are awesome. You asked when was the last time I was truly happy - This morning it was reading your blog.

Lindsey Smith said...

so your job must give you a lot of time off huh? THat would be splendid! J/K (but not really)
Riley

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

I'm wishing I had words like pictures to tell you how much i love you. So you could just look at them and understand what I have no words to say. There is no question in my mind that one of the Lord's tender mercies for me, came in an overdue, unanticipated, and slightly larger than expected delivery on July 20, 1988
I had no idea that, that chubby little girl would become one of my dearest friends. (No small thing to me). Your unconditional love for me and my children has come at times when nothing else had access to touch and heal in such a real way. A kind of extension or personification of what I felt in my prayers.
I think it has been said (and if it hasn't, let it be said) when you love a mother’s child, you love HER in a way nothing else can compare.
How will you ever know how much your love for my 5 lovelies and 1 boy has meant to me? I guess you will just have to wait, have your own and let me love them and thus you the way you have loved me and mine.

TnD said...

You are going to be the best mom, Ang. I love how you always find time to give individual attention to each child, no matter how small or large.

Anonymous said...

I must agree with all that was said you are amazing...that is all there is to it!!!

Lynette said...

ok...your lil video made me giggle! Poor kid!!! That boy needs a brother!!!

Pretty cute kids! And Kim is very lucky to have you!!! It is clear that you truly love her kiddles! She is one lucky girl!